Happy Earth Day, Y’all! Remember there is no Planet B.
I have been quite patient. I really have. But as the days tick by with this complete vaccine fiasco here in the EU, I am getting angry. And I’m not the only one. What the hell is going on? We aren’t getting any answers just more restrictions, another lockdown, more negative news. Hey I have an idea. How about instead of spending all your time on new restrictions, why don’t you figure out how to speed up the vaccinations? Smart, right?
WHERE ARE THE VACCINES?
The U.S. is vaccinating people left and right! My parents who are 75 and over are vaccinated. Hallelujah! My brother, my sister-in-law, my friends in TX, NY, OR, CA, OK, KS are vaccinated! Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for them. Some were very emotional to be vaccinated and even more so with their parents being vaccinated.
And the EU? I live in Mallorca. Armengol is our Balearic President and she just makes me laugh more and more ever day. But not happy laughter, more like maniacal laughter. Everything she says and does just gets worse and worse. The vaccines? Only 4% of our population in Mallorca has been vaccinated. This started in December! And here we are in April with only 4% vaccinated. Lord help us. They started with people in elderly homes and hospital staff. I read a report yesterday that “a record number of people” were vaccinated last week. Who knows what this “record number” is, but I’m sure it’s not much. I know a few people who have received theirs, they are doctors and some teachers. But the grandparents are still waiting. We are still waiting.
In Germany, it’s the same. My parents-in-law are over 75 and have no news when a vaccine will be available to them. It’s so frustrating for them, for us, for the family members who so desperately want to get together.
It’s not like the vaccines are “new” anymore. These have been available since the end of 2020. And here we are, starting the fourth month of 2021 with nobody doing anything to help the situation. Get your act together EU! What are you doing? Here is the latest as of March 13, 2021.
And every day there is a new regulation. Last week it was face masks at the beach. Even if you have enough distance to be safe. And then two days later it was overturned. They open the restaurants, the next week they close the restaurants. We were able to have an Easter paella at 3pm (because all restaurants close at 5pm) outside (because all indoor seating is closed) with about 75 other people all in close contact. While if the restaurants were open longer, for actual dinner, it most likely wouldn’t be as crowded because there are more times for people to go. And let’s not forget that our lovely Balearic President, Armengol, was caught a few months ago for drinking at a bar after closing hours. breaking her own laws that she is enforcing.
Don’t even get me started on the fact that Germans could fly here for Easter holidays but Spaniards from the mainland CANNOT. WHAT?!? People are getting tired of this rigmarole and Mallorca is going to lose all those tourists they are so badly wanting, needing. Greece is ready for you, tourists!
Even the WHO has said this is a serious problem. “The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alarm on Europe’s “unacceptably slow” rollout of COVID-19 vaccines as it warned of a “worrying” surge in coronavirus infections.”
EU what can you do? I don’t know but maybe ask the U.S. for money or how they are doing it so quickly. To the so called leaders of the EU, do the job you were hired to do. Because at the moment all we are seeing is failure.
I know that Covid is real. I believe in science and I am very thankful for all of the frontline people who have been working so hard and putting their lives on the line to fight this. I have been following protocol since day one, I think masks are important, social distancing is important but VACCINATING your people is extremely important as well. EU we are waiting. And not patiently anymore.
Do your job.
What a week it has been! Am I right or am I right? But it has turned out to be all worth the wait. Biden beat Trump and we have our first female vice president! Kamala Harris has made history and I love her words – “While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last.”
BIDEN HARRIS you did it! WE did it! Time to celebrate and feel the relief and happiness that this news brings to us and our country.
Sometimes I treat my blog as my diary and this is one entry I don’t ever want to forget. Get your party on America! Things are looking up. XO -k
It’s day 2? 3? of lockdown here in Mallorca, Spain. But it’s STILL St. Patrick’s Day.
Enjoy a beer in the comfort of your own home at least. Maybe some green food dye too!
It’s that most WONDERFUL time of the year again! Or is it? The Christmas spirit is in the air but you just feel like you want to curl up in a ball and slip into your bed until the new year is here. I totally get it. There is a lot of pressure to have this amazing time with family and friends, not to mention buying gifts, maybe attend a Christmas party or two and then what about the decorations, the perfect dinner. It can stress out even the best of us who handle stress like a charm.
Here are a few of my tips, how I decompress from all the Christmas madness.
- Let’s Remember The Reason For The Season And it’s not about the present. It’s about love and celebration. I’m trying to minimize the amount of presents everyone gets. One big present for my brother’s family – a game or a picture of them or blanket, something that they can all use and enjoy. And that’s it! My parents get one gift each, same with the other family members. And if you have a big family, maybe suggest a Secret Santa – everyone draws a name and that’s their person to give a present to. And they don’t even have to be store bought. The best gifts, in my opinion come from the heart and are handmade. And don’t forget that online buying is your friend. A few clicks and DONE.
- When It’s Just Too Much, Get Out! Keep up your exercise routine, go for a walk around the neighborhood or if you’re lucky enough to live by nature, go there. Breathe in the fresh air from the sea or the woods. Look around and find the beauty that is everywhere. A hike in the forest or mountains or walk on the beach gets anyone’s mood lightened.
- Make A TO DO List It’s good to see what you need to do on paper and when you can do them. These past two weeks I’ve made a daily list. It really helps on managing your time and helps you feel more grounded and not spinning out of control. Add days with the times you are going to do these things.
- Be Easy On Yourself You didn’t get Christmas cards out on time? Let it GOOOOOO. I never mind getting a Christmas card from a friend in January, heck sometimes it’s the better time to get it. But if you didn’t get it out at all, guess what – It’s OK! Try to schedule yourself some me time in that TO DO list as well. A massage or facial or pedicure will give you some pampering time to relax. And last but not least, it is okay to say no. Don’t feel like you need to accept every Christmas get together. You don’t even need to accept the family get together. You want a Christmas with just you or just you and your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend – enter significant person here – then that is what you do. Be easy on YOU.
- Be One With The Moment When the time is upon you, your friends have gathered or your family is around, take the time to be in that moment. Embrace the happiness and the love that you are surrounded by. Don’t stress about getting to the kitchen to start that turkey or if the house isn’t clean enough or if everyone is happy. Everyone is with you because they love you. Sit down and take it in. Look around and smile, rejoice and remember. Grab a loved one to give them a kiss, give them a hug, say thank you for being there. Time passes so quickly and before you know it, we will be back at our regular day life. So enjoy this moment that is finally here. Look at those lights, sip that eggnog, and feel all that love.
Have a very Happy Holiday season y’all. xxoo -k
It’s Motivational Sunday, Y’all! xo
Hey, do you like to make a little more money on the side AND get rid of some things that are just taking up space and growing dustballs?
Yeah, I thought so.
Every time I go back to the USA I try to put up things on eBay to make some extra cash to spend on my travels. Sometimes things sell and sometimes they don’t. But don’t worry this isn’t an eBay post.
This is a Decluttr post! Have you heard of Decluttr? I just recently found out about it and made $25 by getting rid of things I didn’t want or need. It is seriously amazeballs. Amazeballs, dustballs …… I am seeing a ballsy theme here.
It’s so simple too. Decluttr buys CDs, DVDs, books, cell phones, Kindles, tablets, MacBooks, computer games, Smartwatches and even LEGOs! I know you have some of these gathering dust in your closets. Why not make some money on them?
I sent in CDs, DVDs and a few books. You download the App and it’s so simple, all you have to do is use the barcode scanner to see what Decluttr will pay you for it. Most books I actually only got .01 but I added them to just get rid of them. Some CDs and DVDs were only 5 or 10 cents but some I got $3.00. My Elton John – Remixed CD I got $2.24. Sweet! I believe you have to have a minimum of $5.00 of items before you can send them to Decluttr.
And, shipping is free! All you do is print out your shipping label, attach it to the box and take it to your nearest UPS location.
And I have one more exciting thing for you (and me) with this. If you click on the link, you and me will both receive $5 after you complete your first order. I am never one to say no to free money. Here is the link:
And of course, I thank you too.
So, here are the easy steps.
- Click on the link above on register on Decluttr.
- If you have a Smartphone you can download the App to easily scan the barcodes on your items.
- Don’t forget books, Legos, CDs and so much more! Time to clean out those closets.
- Print out shipping label and attach to box.
- Take box to nearest UPS location
- Get paid!
Let’s get going! Time to Marie Kondo your life and make some pocket money. Woot!