Merry Christmas Everyone. Wishing you peace, love and happiness for 2022.
Hey Y’all! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it. Give that special someone some extra love. I have a few ideas for you.
My Wife Is Hotter Than My Coffee – coffee mug. Damn straight she is! In the shop there is also – My Husband Is Hotter, My Girlfriend Is Hotter, My Boyfriend Is Hotter. I got ya covered.
Awwwww this is the cutest. CACTI + CACT YOU = CACTUS.
Who wouldn’t love Dipped Oreo cookies?? One dozen dipped Oreo cookies with You’re My Favorite, Valentine printed on them. I’ll take an order!
Mrs. Always Right Boy Brief Panties. I mean, she IS always right.
The XOXO thong is always a sexy gift for your love.
Maybe some comfy pajamas are more her style. Kisses 25 cents PJs are super comfy and cute.
All of these items come in a variety of products – t-shirts, mugs, bags, cards and much more! Of course, a present isn’t necessary. You can always just say
I LOVE YOU.
It’s that most WONDERFUL time of the year again! Or is it? The Christmas spirit is in the air but you just feel like you want to curl up in a ball and slip into your bed until the new year is here. I totally get it. There is a lot of pressure to have this amazing time with family and friends, not to mention buying gifts, maybe attend a Christmas party or two and then what about the decorations, the perfect dinner. It can stress out even the best of us who handle stress like a charm.
Here are a few of my tips, how I decompress from all the Christmas madness.
- Let’s Remember The Reason For The Season And it’s not about the present. It’s about love and celebration. I’m trying to minimize the amount of presents everyone gets. One big present for my brother’s family – a game or a picture of them or blanket, something that they can all use and enjoy. And that’s it! My parents get one gift each, same with the other family members. And if you have a big family, maybe suggest a Secret Santa – everyone draws a name and that’s their person to give a present to. And they don’t even have to be store bought. The best gifts, in my opinion come from the heart and are handmade. And don’t forget that online buying is your friend. A few clicks and DONE.
- When It’s Just Too Much, Get Out! Keep up your exercise routine, go for a walk around the neighborhood or if you’re lucky enough to live by nature, go there. Breathe in the fresh air from the sea or the woods. Look around and find the beauty that is everywhere. A hike in the forest or mountains or walk on the beach gets anyone’s mood lightened.
- Make A TO DO List It’s good to see what you need to do on paper and when you can do them. These past two weeks I’ve made a daily list. It really helps on managing your time and helps you feel more grounded and not spinning out of control. Add days with the times you are going to do these things.
- Be Easy On Yourself You didn’t get Christmas cards out on time? Let it GOOOOOO. I never mind getting a Christmas card from a friend in January, heck sometimes it’s the better time to get it. But if you didn’t get it out at all, guess what – It’s OK! Try to schedule yourself some me time in that TO DO list as well. A massage or facial or pedicure will give you some pampering time to relax. And last but not least, it is okay to say no. Don’t feel like you need to accept every Christmas get together. You don’t even need to accept the family get together. You want a Christmas with just you or just you and your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend – enter significant person here – then that is what you do. Be easy on YOU.
- Be One With The Moment When the time is upon you, your friends have gathered or your family is around, take the time to be in that moment. Embrace the happiness and the love that you are surrounded by. Don’t stress about getting to the kitchen to start that turkey or if the house isn’t clean enough or if everyone is happy. Everyone is with you because they love you. Sit down and take it in. Look around and smile, rejoice and remember. Grab a loved one to give them a kiss, give them a hug, say thank you for being there. Time passes so quickly and before you know it, we will be back at our regular day life. So enjoy this moment that is finally here. Look at those lights, sip that eggnog, and feel all that love.
Have a very Happy Holiday season y’all. xxoo -k
Time to make Mama N’s famous Weihnachten cookies again! These melt in your mouth cookies are so easy and everyone will love them. Make them for a party, for your family, for friends or just for yourself! Because you know what, you are worth it!
Here is the recipe in German but if you no entiendo Deutsch 🙂 then here’s the recipe in English.
150 grams Flour 75 grams sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Sugar 1 egg yolk
100 grams butter (it says or margarine but REALLY?! do the butter already)
Clean off a countertop and starting at the top of the list make a pile of the ingredients. Then, when you add the butter grab a large knife and cut up all the ingredients together in a pile. Next, with clean hands (!) knead/mix the ingredients. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and set it in the fridge for one hour. Hour is up, roll the dough until it is 3 or 4 millimeters thick. Grab your cookie cutters and place the dough on a floured cookie sheet. Stick it into an oven at 180° C (350°F) for 8 – 10 minutes. Then take out to cool. Violá!
ps – I love the adorable side notes from Mama N in German. Warms my heart!
How was your Turkey Day?! I hope it was lovely – just how you wanted it to be. Whether that meant being with family, having a friendsgiving, or just getting a little extra time without work to download a bit.
We are going to have Thanksgiving tonight, making a duck breast with sauce/gravy (I could take a bath in gravy. Seriously.), German Rotkohl and trying out a new recipe – Ken Oringer’s Corn and Gruyère Mashed Potato Gratin recipe. It looks good, right?
This week was pretty much my basic work week. On Friday, I went to Carrefour (huge grocery store) at Fan (new huge outdoor shopping center) and I couldn’t even find a parking spot thanks to Black Friday. Did y’all do any Black Friday shopping? I’m such a horrible procrastinator, I put the PRO in crasinating. 🙂 And I can’t get my head around buying Christmas presents yet but I’m really really REALLY gonna try my very best to not have to do it all last minute.
But my online sales are starting to do quite decently. Here are a few goodies in my shops for the Christmas season. And remember I sell my designs on lots of different products just click the link to see more.
The Tree Isn’t The Only Thing Getting Lit This Christmas! Pajamas. I have a pair of these myself, super comfy! And it makes me feel okay when I’m on my third glass of wine. Cheers!
Senior Class Of 2019 Christmas Ornament. Do you know someone graduating from high school or university this year? It’s a Christmas ornament so every year they can unpack it to decorate the tree. And think of you!
Isn’t this the cutest? Fleece Navidad Baby Bodysuit. I just love it.
This Don’t Forget To Be Awesome coffee/tea mug is perfect for anyone on your shopping list. It’s inspirational and fun.
Alrighty then! I need to scoot to start making that new recipe. I’ll let you know how it turns out. And I already know the duck and gravy will be perfecto cuz Felix is making that. Have a fabulouso week my friends!
Happy Halloween, Y’all!
This cartoon makes me giggle every.single.time. Even in summer!
Who is Stewart?
Happy Independence Day to all my American readers!
There has been a lot of fighting for doing the right thing in America, keep up the good work. And enjoy your day, the fireworks and be safe! As for me, I will enjoy a hot dog and a bottle of Budweiser. Yes, I can get Bud here in Mallorca!
Happy New Year from Mallorca!!
365 new days, 365 new chances. Make each day count. xo