Well, I wanted to welcome y’all into the new year with a lovely post about good things for 2021, but here we are.
Hey y’all. It’s been a long and trying year. But we are still here! There’s a vaccine, it’s almost time for a new year and hopefully there have been some silver linings in this crazy time. But I know it hasn’t been the easiest. Keep on hanging on, you can do this.
Yesterday we went to the local grocery store to buy duck breast, Black Angus and some veggies for the upcoming days. Since restaurants must close at 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays and we have a curfew of 10pm, everyone was doing the same and planning a dinner at home. The meat and cheese counters were packed and people were picking up already ordered legs of ham and suckling pigs. I waited twenty minutes before my number was called and bought the last of the Black Angus, as many things were selling out fast.
This Christmas, we are staying home in Mallorca. No family coming to visit, no friends joining us for a glass of glühwein, just the two of us – and five cats. We opened our presents last night, it was well paired down from years before of many presents. And we had a feast of black angus beef fondue with homemade curry, teriyaki and béarnaise sauce.
Over the next few days we might venture into Palma to look at the Christmas lights that are up in Passeig del Born and view the newly purchased Christmas tree of lights in front of the cathedral, La Seu, albeit wearing a mask. And don’t forget to stay 8 feet away from each other.
It’s quite possible that we’ll get a cortado, maybe even a cerveza. Oooohhhh, a churro sounds fabulous. Of course though, we will have to sit outside as all indoor dining areas are closed because of Covid. We could even call up a few friends to join us but only 4 friends because we can’t be in groups larger than 6.
It’s been quite a trippy year to say the least but all my friends and family are healthy and doing fine. And that is the most important thing. I do hope this time next year we will be able to celebrate together. But this year I will see my family on our Christmas Zoom call in a few hours.
So here is to a better year and not have me end up doing this again.
To end this post for the year… unless I get some needed motivation, I want to send out a very special thank you to all frontline and essential workers who have put their lives at risk every single day of the ongoing pandemic. I am so very grateful.
Happy Holidays to one and all.
It’s almost Thanksgiving. But alas, a different one this year. Many people are opting to stay within immediate family and nobody more. And that is a smart choice with Covid-19 going out of control in the USA. Of course it’s sad! But you can still have a wonderful (but maybe quieter) Thanksgiving time with your family or close friends. Maybe it will be time to start a new tradition or make a new Thanksgiving dish that you’ve always thought about.
Either way – stay safe, keep wearing a mask and don’t forget that hand sanitizer!
What a week it has been! Am I right or am I right? But it has turned out to be all worth the wait. Biden beat Trump and we have our first female vice president! Kamala Harris has made history and I love her words – “While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last.”
BIDEN HARRIS you did it! WE did it! Time to celebrate and feel the relief and happiness that this news brings to us and our country.
Sometimes I treat my blog as my diary and this is one entry I don’t ever want to forget. Get your party on America! Things are looking up. XO -k
It’s day 2? 3? of lockdown here in Mallorca, Spain. But it’s STILL St. Patrick’s Day.
Enjoy a beer in the comfort of your own home at least. Maybe some green food dye too!
Hey Y’all! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it. Give that special someone some extra love. I have a few ideas for you.
My Wife Is Hotter Than My Coffee – coffee mug. Damn straight she is! In the shop there is also – My Husband Is Hotter, My Girlfriend Is Hotter, My Boyfriend Is Hotter. I got ya covered.
Awwwww this is the cutest. CACTI + CACT YOU = CACTUS.
Who wouldn’t love Dipped Oreo cookies?? One dozen dipped Oreo cookies with You’re My Favorite, Valentine printed on them. I’ll take an order!
Mrs. Always Right Boy Brief Panties. I mean, she IS always right.
The XOXO thong is always a sexy gift for your love.
Maybe some comfy pajamas are more her style. Kisses 25 cents PJs are super comfy and cute.
All of these items come in a variety of products – t-shirts, mugs, bags, cards and much more! Of course, a present isn’t necessary. You can always just say
I LOVE YOU.
Happy New Year Y’all! And Happy New DECADE!
No New Year’s Resolution here but let’s just continue to keep kicking ass. xo -k
It’s that most WONDERFUL time of the year again! Or is it? The Christmas spirit is in the air but you just feel like you want to curl up in a ball and slip into your bed until the new year is here. I totally get it. There is a lot of pressure to have this amazing time with family and friends, not to mention buying gifts, maybe attend a Christmas party or two and then what about the decorations, the perfect dinner. It can stress out even the best of us who handle stress like a charm.
Here are a few of my tips, how I decompress from all the Christmas madness.
- Let’s Remember The Reason For The Season And it’s not about the present. It’s about love and celebration. I’m trying to minimize the amount of presents everyone gets. One big present for my brother’s family – a game or a picture of them or blanket, something that they can all use and enjoy. And that’s it! My parents get one gift each, same with the other family members. And if you have a big family, maybe suggest a Secret Santa – everyone draws a name and that’s their person to give a present to. And they don’t even have to be store bought. The best gifts, in my opinion come from the heart and are handmade. And don’t forget that online buying is your friend. A few clicks and DONE.
- When It’s Just Too Much, Get Out! Keep up your exercise routine, go for a walk around the neighborhood or if you’re lucky enough to live by nature, go there. Breathe in the fresh air from the sea or the woods. Look around and find the beauty that is everywhere. A hike in the forest or mountains or walk on the beach gets anyone’s mood lightened.
- Make A TO DO List It’s good to see what you need to do on paper and when you can do them. These past two weeks I’ve made a daily list. It really helps on managing your time and helps you feel more grounded and not spinning out of control. Add days with the times you are going to do these things.
- Be Easy On Yourself You didn’t get Christmas cards out on time? Let it GOOOOOO. I never mind getting a Christmas card from a friend in January, heck sometimes it’s the better time to get it. But if you didn’t get it out at all, guess what – It’s OK! Try to schedule yourself some me time in that TO DO list as well. A massage or facial or pedicure will give you some pampering time to relax. And last but not least, it is okay to say no. Don’t feel like you need to accept every Christmas get together. You don’t even need to accept the family get together. You want a Christmas with just you or just you and your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend – enter significant person here – then that is what you do. Be easy on YOU.
- Be One With The Moment When the time is upon you, your friends have gathered or your family is around, take the time to be in that moment. Embrace the happiness and the love that you are surrounded by. Don’t stress about getting to the kitchen to start that turkey or if the house isn’t clean enough or if everyone is happy. Everyone is with you because they love you. Sit down and take it in. Look around and smile, rejoice and remember. Grab a loved one to give them a kiss, give them a hug, say thank you for being there. Time passes so quickly and before you know it, we will be back at our regular day life. So enjoy this moment that is finally here. Look at those lights, sip that eggnog, and feel all that love.
Have a very Happy Holiday season y’all. xxoo -k