Merry Christmas Everyone. Wishing you peace, love and happiness for 2022.
It’s that most WONDERFUL time of the year again! Or is it? The Christmas spirit is in the air but you just feel like you want to curl up in a ball and slip into your bed until the new year is here. I totally get it. There is a lot of pressure to have this amazing time with family and friends, not to mention buying gifts, maybe attend a Christmas party or two and then what about the decorations, the perfect dinner. It can stress out even the best of us who handle stress like a charm.
Here are a few of my tips, how I decompress from all the Christmas madness.
- Let’s Remember The Reason For The Season And it’s not about the present. It’s about love and celebration. I’m trying to minimize the amount of presents everyone gets. One big present for my brother’s family – a game or a picture of them or blanket, something that they can all use and enjoy. And that’s it! My parents get one gift each, same with the other family members. And if you have a big family, maybe suggest a Secret Santa – everyone draws a name and that’s their person to give a present to. And they don’t even have to be store bought. The best gifts, in my opinion come from the heart and are handmade. And don’t forget that online buying is your friend. A few clicks and DONE.
- When It’s Just Too Much, Get Out! Keep up your exercise routine, go for a walk around the neighborhood or if you’re lucky enough to live by nature, go there. Breathe in the fresh air from the sea or the woods. Look around and find the beauty that is everywhere. A hike in the forest or mountains or walk on the beach gets anyone’s mood lightened.
- Make A TO DO List It’s good to see what you need to do on paper and when you can do them. These past two weeks I’ve made a daily list. It really helps on managing your time and helps you feel more grounded and not spinning out of control. Add days with the times you are going to do these things.
- Be Easy On Yourself You didn’t get Christmas cards out on time? Let it GOOOOOO. I never mind getting a Christmas card from a friend in January, heck sometimes it’s the better time to get it. But if you didn’t get it out at all, guess what – It’s OK! Try to schedule yourself some me time in that TO DO list as well. A massage or facial or pedicure will give you some pampering time to relax. And last but not least, it is okay to say no. Don’t feel like you need to accept every Christmas get together. You don’t even need to accept the family get together. You want a Christmas with just you or just you and your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend – enter significant person here – then that is what you do. Be easy on YOU.
- Be One With The Moment When the time is upon you, your friends have gathered or your family is around, take the time to be in that moment. Embrace the happiness and the love that you are surrounded by. Don’t stress about getting to the kitchen to start that turkey or if the house isn’t clean enough or if everyone is happy. Everyone is with you because they love you. Sit down and take it in. Look around and smile, rejoice and remember. Grab a loved one to give them a kiss, give them a hug, say thank you for being there. Time passes so quickly and before you know it, we will be back at our regular day life. So enjoy this moment that is finally here. Look at those lights, sip that eggnog, and feel all that love.
Have a very Happy Holiday season y’all. xxoo -k
Time to make Mama N’s famous Weihnachten cookies again! These melt in your mouth cookies are so easy and everyone will love them. Make them for a party, for your family, for friends or just for yourself! Because you know what, you are worth it!
Here is the recipe in German but if you no entiendo Deutsch 🙂 then here’s the recipe in English.
150 grams Flour 75 grams sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Sugar 1 egg yolk
100 grams butter (it says or margarine but REALLY?! do the butter already)
Clean off a countertop and starting at the top of the list make a pile of the ingredients. Then, when you add the butter grab a large knife and cut up all the ingredients together in a pile. Next, with clean hands (!) knead/mix the ingredients. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and set it in the fridge for one hour. Hour is up, roll the dough until it is 3 or 4 millimeters thick. Grab your cookie cutters and place the dough on a floured cookie sheet. Stick it into an oven at 180° C (350°F) for 8 – 10 minutes. Then take out to cool. Violá!
ps – I love the adorable side notes from Mama N in German. Warms my heart!
If you know me then you know that I LOVE Gwen Stefani. And I had to get this Christmas album as soon as I heard about it – which was very early since I follow Gwen on everything possible – facebook, instagram. Yeah, a little obsessed. 🙂 Gwen Stefani You Make It Feel Like Christmas CD is here.
It’s fantastic. It’s got your covers – Santa Baby (her voice was made for this song), Jingle Bells, White Christmas and all these are great. But what really made me love this even more are her own songs – My Gift Is You and Under The Christmas Lights. It’s Gwen’s retro style with a modern Christmas pop twist.
This Christmas, Felix and I are exchanging gifts every day – kind of like the advent calendar. His Mom bought us this adorable advent bag thingy and on odd days he gets a gift and on even days, I get a gift. So far he has gotten socks and chocolate but as the days get closer to Christmas I’m planning on more exciting things.
But presents can get expensive so here are a few stocking stuffers for that female you love so much in your life – your mom, your wife, your sister, your girlfriend, your bestie, your niece, your grandma …. I think you get my point. And us females love all things that pamper us and smell good. You can’t go wrong with these. And all under $20.
This sweet smelling soap is hand-milled in Shanghai to last longer and preserve moisture — plus, the long-lasting rose scent is created without any additives. Plus the package is so pretty no need to wrap it! 12 bars for $15, now that’s a steal.
Scented with organic rose otto, peppermint, and rose geranium, this super moisturizing lip rescue leaves lips smooth, plumped, and deeply hydrated. A mix of shea butter, olive oil, rare botanical waxes, and sugar gently remove dry skin and smooth the surface for your healthiest, prettiest lips ever. And for only $19.
Okay, so this one is not only funny but functional! It’s Poo-Pourri Before – You – Go Toilet Spray in citrus scent. And it works! And the 2 oz. bottle is less than $9. Who know bathroom time could be so refreshing? Spritz the bowl before you go and nobody will ever know. Scientifically-tested formula made of essential oils and other natural compounds; NO harsh chemicals, aerosol, parabens, phthalates, or formaldehyde; All stink-fighting good stuff!
Show me a woman who says she doesn’t like a relaxing bath and I’ll give you $20. Seriously, every female loves a bath. And some candles, a glass of wine and this seaweed detox bath and you will be her numero uno persona. This bath naturally purifies and restores with over 65 vitamins and minerals. Also, sustainably harvested off the coast of Maine. I like that. Seaweed Bath $8.50
Happy Third Sunday of Advent.
Left Mallorca for Germany. Adieu!
Flew over the Alps. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Landed in Düsseldorf in complete fog.
Landed safely. Whew! Ordered an extra large coffee and went upstairs to meet my boyfriend to head off to Wesel for the Christmas celebration to begin. We arrive, pour some champagne. But first, lemme take a selfie.
Awwwww, I love it. Mama N always decorates her house so beautifully and Christmas time is no exception.
Opened all the presents. Dr. Dre Beats headphones!! Thanks Santa! Now time for the FOOD. Meat fondue. So delicious.
And now we are stuffed. Upstairs for some laughs and wine. Next day we did a quick trip to Xanten, Germany to visit the cathedral.
Then drove to Detmold and went out to dinner at the Greek restaurant. Yummy. Next day was time to fly back to Mallorca. And we woke up to a white winter wonderland!
I hope your Christmas was blessed too. OX