I cannot seem to get enough of In-N-Out burgers. Have you had one? If you are anywhere near one, I hope you are heading there immediately. But, do you know the secret words for special orders? I didn’t until this weekend in Vegas, went with Jeannie and after doing the casino rounds we got hungry.
I mentioned In-N-Out, Jeannie had never been and that was all that was needed for the decision. Jeannie heard from a Cali friend that you were supposed to order your burger “animal style”. I believed her 98%, 2% thought she was just wanting me to look like an idiot ordering. I told the drive-in speaker box,
“Two cheeseburgers, and I heard to order them animal style, is there such a thing?”
“What? I have no idea what you’re talking about.” (silence with me looking at J like she is gonna die) “Just kidding, so two burgers, animal style.”
Dude, that was one of the best burgers I have ever had. Animal style means mustard-cooked beef patty with grilled onions, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and special sauce they call Spread (you can get it in packets like ketchup too). It is pure awesomeness on a bun. Here is our order:
Sorry for the blurriness of the pic, my mom’s camera sucks ass.
So, first secret is animal style. You can do this with fries too:
Oh holy crap. How freakin’ delish does that look? Thank the Lord I didn’t know you could do that to fries as well. Would have gained an additional 5 pounds to what I already did.
And a few more secrets I found out for your taste bud pleasure.
1. 2 x 4 is a burger with two beef patties and four slices of cheese. You can also do a 3 x 3, a 4 x 2, whatever meat/cheese combo your lil heart desires. Apparently you could go as big as 100 x 100, but they’ve changed the rules and a 4 x 4 is as big as they will go now.
2. Flying Dutchman is two beef patties and cheese, that’s it. No bun, no pickles, nada.
3. Grilled cheese is a cheeseburger without the burger. You can also order this animal style. Sounds good, but I still like my meat.
4. Protein Style is a burger wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun for you Adkins freaks out there.
5. Neapolitan shake is a combination of all three flavors (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) into one shake. They’re so thick the flavors stay separated. Triple Yum!
6. This last one is not about the food but about the paper utensils. There are bible verses written in small print on an inconspicuous part of the item. It is not the actual text but the book, chapter and number of the verse. See if you can find it.
And there you have it my fellow readers! Go get your special order. You can thank me for it later.